3.6.09

Joseph DeLappe: Gandhi’s “Salt March to Dandi” in Second Life

es gandhi en carton... y gigante!!!

"This blog is a journal and document regarding the online and treadmill powered reenactment of Mahatma Gandhi’s “Salt March to Dandi” in Second Life from March 12th through April 6th, 2008 and the works that have been created since the completion of the walk. I used this blog throughout the reenactment to document my progress and experiences as the project evolved over the 26 days of “walking” throughout Second Life. The reenactment took place online in Second Life and on location at Eyebeam in New York City where I set up with my customized treadmill for the 26 days of the 240 mile march. After the reenactment I created a number of works inspired by the online performance, including the 17' tall papercraft cardboard Gandhi who was shown at Eyebeam in June of 2008..." seguir leyendo

Joseph DeLappe

No hay comentarios: